TIP: Even if you don’t need 4 servings, make this anyway. Not only will this dish last several days but like tabbouleh, this Indian chicken dish ages well.
Warning: I love herbs and spices
• 2 lbs uncooked Skinless, Boneless Chicken (optional: marinate in chicken bouillon)
• 2 Tbsp Coconut or Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 Tbsp diced Garlic
• 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
• 3/4 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
• ½ Tbsp Ginger Powder
• 1 diced, medium Onion
• 1 chopped Red Bell Pepper
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 1 pinch of Salt and 1 pinch of Pepper (season to taste after cooked)
• 1 3/4 cup full fat Coconut Milk
• 3/4 cup Tomato Paste and ½ cup water or 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
• 1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
• ½ tsp Coriander Power
• ½ tsp Cumin
• 1/8 tsp Chili Powder
• ¼ tsp Paprika
Recommended: Garnish with fresh coriander sprigs and serve over cauliflower
There’s also paleo naan to try with it.
Note: If the dish is a little too acidic, a pinch of sugar will help.
Mix everything together except the onion, bell pepper, bay leaf and the chicken. All the spices and liquids must be stirred well. Once the sauce is consistent and somewhat thick, add the onion, bell pepper, bay leaf and chicken. Pour everything into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.